Safeguarding and Self Neglect & Hoarding Course
This course provides you with some essential tools to help you understand Safeguarding and the Process. Some of you may feel upset when the description of the types of Adult Abuse is discussed. This is a perfectly normal reaction but if you are concerned, either before or during this programme, please seek advice and support from a manager. colleague, friend or family member.
Aim of Course
To provide an understanding of Self - Neglect and everyone’s roles and responsibilities to safeguard adults at risk of harm as defined by the Care Act of 2014 and supporting statutory guidance.
• To understand what self -Neglect is and when it becomes a safeguarding concern
• Recognise the signs and indicators of Self-Neglect
• Know How to respond to signs of Self -Neglect
• Recognise signs of Hoarding and the close links to Self-Neglect
• How to support adults who Self-Neglect and Hoard property
• Recognise when it may be necessary to share your concerns with the multi-agencies